Some of AERO’s events and programs include:
• The #1 website on Google for alternative education
* Links to over 600 member schools
* Additional sites for democratic schools and higher education alternatives
* An annual conference that has brought people from nearly every state and 20 countries.
* Keynote speakers for those conference including such luminaries as Sir Ken Robinson, John Gatto, Debbie Meier, Patch Adams, Alfie Kohn, Reanne Eisler and many more.
* An online course for school-starters that has helped people start more than 75 schools.
* A carefully selected online bookstore featuring over 100 titles.
* AERO produced book publications and e books that have sold thousands of copies of books that might not have been otherwise published. .
* Over 100 representatives around the world to help people find or create alternatives in their communities.
Every year AERO hosts a conference for parents, students, teachers, researchers, and media interested in alternative education, democratic education, homeschooling, unschooling, Montessori, Waldorf, and progressive education.
AERO organizes and runs multiple online courses and consultations for people around the world starting new educational alternatives in their communities.
AERO maintains educationrevolution.org, one of the highest-trafficked alternative education websites on the Internet with articles and essays from AERO contributors located around the world.
AERO publishes and distributes numerous books, DVDs, and CDs for the alternative education community.
AERO maintains highly-trafficked lists of democratic and alternative schools and organizations from around the world.
AERO is currently building and formalizing our large global network of representatives so that we can help more people in more places get local information and support about finding, starting, or researching educational alternatives, whether they are in Moscow, Minnesota, or Miami.
AERO’s mission is the Education Revolution, to make learner-centered education possible for children everywhere. Toward that end our goal is to help as many people as possible to find or create new alternatives and to ultimately influence an authoritarian, oppressive mainstream education to one which empowers students and builds on their interests. This is what is needed for children to be successful in the new millennium.
Despite it's reach and impact AERO needs help with funding. This is partly because it is often difficult to get support when an organization is at the cutting edge of change. It is easier to fund the mainstream and status quo.