The Village Free School is now accepting applications for two part-time Interns for the 2014-2015 school year. We seek applicants who have experience working with youth ages 5 to 18 years old, and who are interested in working with them in a democratic and holistic environment. The school is located in Portland, Oregon. Interns are paid a monthly stipend of $250; internship positions are estimated to begin Monday, August 25, 2014 and conclude June 19, 2015.
General Expectations for Interns:
- Show flexibility and creativity.
- Create a welcoming environment for students.
- Collaborate with Program Directors to create a personalized learning plan.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with students, parents, staff, and council.
- Help identify and assist in resolving interpersonal conflicts.
- Attend one weekly staff meeting.
- Demonstrate courage in providing appropriate boundaries, trust, and support to people of all ages within a non-coercive learning environment.
- Demonstrate self-care and hold “gracious space” for yourself and others.
- Utilize effective nonverbal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Provide at least one weekly offering, or lead in at least one special project area, for/with students
Submit a cover letter, current resume, three references, and any additional information you think we should consider in evaluating you as a candidate.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org