D ear friend of AERO,
I hope you are doing well! We are writing to you to express our sincere thanks for your support recently and in the past. This has been one of the most exciting years in AERO’s history. You may have seen some of it for yourself:
What we already accomplished
- Redesigned the AERO website
- Organized the 9th AERO conference in Portland with Sir Ken Robinson, among others
- Fully-enrolled the online school starters course last fall
- Established the new world-wide AERO representative network
- Participated in the recent TEDxYouth@BFS event featuring numerous AERO members
- Published two new books by first-time authors, with more to come
In order to truly realize the Education Revolution we need your financial support. We have survived dark days, but are now in a position to build AERO into an organization that can really support all of our network and help children everywhere experience learner-centered education.
In support of the work we are doing, we have been offered a $12,500 matching grant by the New Visions Foundation. It must be matched by November 15th.
What we can do with your help
- Fully fund a new AERO staff position dedicated to improving member resources
- Continue to streamline our website to share useful information about alternatives
- Publish exciting new books related to the practice of learner-centered education
- Make AERO’s representatives program more useful and effective
- Plan a spectacular 2013 conference in New York City… details will be announced soon
We appreciate your support and are asking you to consider promoting AERO’s work further. Your annual membership has recently lapsed so for helping us achieve our goals, we are offering to renew your membership alongside the following premiums as ‘Thanks’ for your generous contribution. Membership renewals will apply for any donations from individuals above $40 and any donations from organizations and schools above $75.
What you will get
- Any amount – Thanks! We really appreciate any support you can offer so we will thank you when our campaign is over via our newsletter!
- $50 – Signed book by young author! Donations at this level will get a signed copy of AERO’s newest publication, One Size Does Not Fit All: A Student’s Assessment of School, by 17-year-old author, speaker, and world traveler Nikhil Goyal.
- $100 – Book and DVD! Donations at this level will get a copy of Flood of Conflict: The Story of the New Orleans Free School by co-founder Bob Ferris along with The Free School, a documentary about the Free School by graduate Mika Ferris, along with Nikhil’s book.
- $500 – DVDs of conference keynotes! This donation level will get you DVDs of three amazing keynote speeches from the 2012 AERO conference in Portland, OR by Sir Ken Robinson, Naomi Aldort, and Yaacov Hecht, along with the above books.
- $1000 – Original magazine archive and lifetime membership! This level will get you a box set of the complete archive of Education Revolution magazine including all 63 printed issues from 1989 as well as lifetime AERO membership, along with everything above.
You can use the enclosed pre-addressed envelope to send a check or money order made out to AERO. Please provide postage and put it in the mail before November 1 so that it can count towards our matching grant.
We appreciate any amount you can offer. Thank you very much.