Interested in redefining education to meet the needs of the present while creating a sustainable future?
Amerikanoestudios is looking to attract qualified mentor in training candidates for the 2013/2014 year.
1-2 month Internship- Introduction to Holistic Learning & Cultural/ Ecological Recovery
3 month Internship- Intermediate Holistic Learning & Cultural/ Ecological Recovery
6 month Internship- Certified Mentor of Holistic Learning & Cultural/ Ecological Recovery
If you are an individual or family looking for a relevant example to begin a paradigm shift- this is it!
Amerikanoestudios (Workshop for Originateve Learning Designs www.originateve.org) is motivated to design systems of education and living to promote the well being of cultures, communities in relation to nature on a global scale. We aim to address the problems of hyper-individualism, consumerism and materialistic obsession that have eroded ecological and social responsibility as well as the academic denial of the importance of non-empirical faculties of reasoning, (such as emotion, intuition, super-sensory and spiritual domains). We wish to challenge the deficit of knowledge regarding these aspects contributes to the psychological/ intellectual disconnect between human societies and the biosphere through practical research and open dispersement useful data, methodologies and community movements. We stress a revitalization of relevant ancient knowledge to advise our current culture on practices of sustainability and perspectives on how to address the needs and well being of a global community.
Amerikanoestudios Focuses in Education include:
• Holistic and Authentic Education.
• Redefining systems of value to remove and eliminate a cash based market.
• Promotion of Mentor : Learner Relationships rather that traditional Teacher : Student.
• Faculties of Creativity, Critical Thinking, and Innovation in Learners.
• Workshops and community in-services demonstrating apprentice/master learning relationships.
• Education modeled on Permaculture Design.
• Using the matrix of story to improve cognitive and creative performance and memory enhancement.
• Using mystery and improvisation to build critical thinking and self confidence.
• Incorporation of indigenous values and story to reconnect with place and community.
• Incorporation of the super-sensible domain as valid faculties of intelligence supporting a trinity of Cognitive Emotional/ and Spiritual intelligences (as realms that the sensory intelligences interact in.)
• Partnerships with regional and International organizations to support Originateve goals and the health of the biosphere and peaceful spiritual advancement.
Our positions cover room and partial board in exchange for 20 hours of interdisciplinary classwork with other apprentices and 5 hours of direct mentor feedback/training a week. We rely on the participant bringing skills and creativity to the center in addition to a healthy desire to develop both hands on and divine aptitude.
It is our hope that incoming staff can grow into integrated, unique members of the community generating their own livelihood but using the studio as an incubator of development.
Please send a CV and statement of interest if you would like to pursue a relationship with this community: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch a student video here: http://vimeo.com/