Voyagers’ Community School is an independent progressive school that spans young kindergarten through grade 12. We are looking for dynamic, motivated and accomplished educators interested in joining a diverse community of students, faculty and families.
Middle/Upper School Teacher:
Seeking a dynamic, innovative, and experienced teacher with strengths in Literacy, Global Studies, Art and Humanities to join a teaching team.
- Developing a literacy program for grades 6-8 and 9-12 and leading colleagues in the delivery of this program.
- Teaching Global Studies with a focus on social justice and truth.
- Providing instruction in electives as requested by students. (mixed age K-12)
- Serving as a student mentor, leading community service efforts, planning and chaperoning class trips and other duties as assigned.
- B.A. or M.A. in Education, Liberal Arts, Humanities
- Significant Middle-High school classroom experience
- Experience in a progressive education setting that provided opportunities to provide inspiring ideas and challenges for growth and development among students and teachers, the curriculum, and school culture.
- Success in working collaboratively with colleagues, staff, parents, volunteers, and the surrounding community.
- A commitment to foster an inclusive and diverse learning environment that cultivates an awareness of and sensitivity to differences including race, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status, and sexual orientation
- Excellent communication skills, sound judgment, and emotional maturity
- An affinity for working with middle and high school aged children
- A willingness to learn and improve professionally and collegially
- Graduate work in educational philosophy and instructional methods
- Experience or interest in private school administration, admissions and operations
- A demonstrated commitment to community service
- A sense of humor
Please submit cover letter with resume and philosophy of education statement by mail, email, or fax to (no telephone inquiries please):
Karen M Giuffre’, Founder/Director
Voyagers’ Community School
321 West Farms Road
Farmingdale, NJ 07727