Antioch University New England
Status: Fulltime appointment, Keene NH
Preferred start date: January 2013
Antioch University New England invites applications for an Admissions Counselor to assume responsibility for domestic and international student recruitment and counseling. This position is a member of the Admissions Office team, and reports to the Director of the Admissions Office.
Success in the position requires the ability to promote the MBA program to prospective students; manage and track all aspects of the admission process from inquiry to enrolled student; and, team with members of the Admissions Office and Academic Department to recruit students. Availability to travel on extended trips abroad and around the US is also required.
Areas of responsibility
1. Provide program information to prospective students and track inquiries (roughly 40%). Work involves responding to inquiries, following up applications, coordinating onsite visits, liaising with program faculty on applicant inquiries and applicant status. Maintain candidate tracking system (Hobson’s Connect, application files, etc).
2. Provide applicant counseling support (10%). Work involves coordinating interviews and onsite visits, communicating candidate acceptances and related information (registration, financial aid).
3. Manage international recruitment (50%). Work involves developing leads and working with prospective international students through the entire admissions process, as well as working with current students on an F1 visa. Developing relationships with other organizations in the U.S. and abroad. Maintaining accurate student status records of all F1 students in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
· Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Education, Business or a related field Master’s degree preferred
· 1-2 years of substantive experience working in international admissions activities or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Ability to apply and learn technology that supports the recruitment cycle required Familiarity with databases such as Hobson’s, ideal
· Must be available for international and domestic travel on extended trips as needed (and maintain a valid passport)
· Must maintain a driving record that complies with Antioch University Policy
· Availability to work evenings and weekends to support recruitment / admissions events on an intermittent basis
Apply to HR.AUNE@antioch.edu and include 1) a cover letter explaining your interests; 2) a resume; and 3) a completed application. Application review begins end-October 2012, and will continue until the position is filled.
New England is one of five campuses of Antioch University, which provides learner-centered education to empower students with the knowledge and skills to lead meaningful lives and to advance social, economic, and environmental justice. We serve nearly 1,000 students.
The University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer. While preference will be given to local candidates, we do not discriminate against and provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and veteran status.