Here are some interesting links from around the web this week:
- Here is the latest issue of the Journal of Unschooling and Alternative Learning including submissions on home learning, trust in making learning decisions, learning to read, and the immigrant experience of learning.
- Liberation Education is out with their newest volume that includes personal experiences of teaching in China, a teacher’s guide to expressing democratic education philosophy to bureaucrats, and democracy in the classroom.
- The latest Fairtest Examiner is out as well, which includes detailed news from the standardized testing front.
- Deborah Meier writes to Diane Ravitch about the Education Manifesto being considered by the North Dakota Study Group at EdWeek.
- A medial school professor writes about teaching Generation Y (pdf) including a discussion about technology, professionalism, mentoring/parenting, communication that is gleaned from many cited studies of broad generational learning patterns in formal learning environments.